DCFANS-EDIET
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion for Goals/Achievements

5 posters

Go down

Suggestion for Goals/Achievements Empty Suggestion for Goals/Achievements

Post by Along4theRide Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:35 pm

I noticed sugarpie and Walki have started posting their goals. I'm wondering if we want to have everyone post in one thread on that as they've started, or should we each have our own separate goals/achievements thread to make it easier to find/keep track of our individual achievements? I know we're all used to posting in DWoP fashion where everything is combined together, but IMO for this one item I think separate threads would be easier to follow each other's individual progress.

Thoughts?

Jen Smile
Along4theRide
Along4theRide
Admin

Back to top Go down

Suggestion for Goals/Achievements Empty Re: Suggestion for Goals/Achievements

Post by Sugarpie Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:28 pm

I'm cool with separate threads if that is a consensus.

Lee

Sugarpie

Back to top Go down

Post by Along4theRide Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:08 am

Thanks for responding, Lee. Not sure if everyone else just doesn't have an opinion, or maybe they haven't seen this thread, so I thought I'd give it a bump.

One other thought on this topic...another forum I'm on (at least, I used to be more active on B4DC Very Happy ) had a Weight Loss journal section, where people would basically journal what they eat, how much they exercise, weekly weigh-in numbers. I could set up a separate forum section just for that, or we could just set up individual WL journals in the Achievements section. Seeing this post by OmahaCookie gave me the idea:
I'm determined to post something on the site here everyday - so I have motivation to do something every day that I can mention!
What do you think...Yay or nay?
Along4theRide
Along4theRide
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mujerfeliz2009 Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:07 am

Individual WL? (not idea of what WL is),

But let me see if I understood, what you said is: To do a kind of journal of each one of us inside of the Achievement session of the forum?, meaning that every member will have a "topic" with his name in it, to express her thoughts/feelings/concerns and celebrations about her personal process?.

I´ve been thinking in creating an Off-Topic theme, for inspirational stuff: reflections, stories, articles.. whatever that help us to be better people.. what do you guys think?
mujerfeliz2009
mujerfeliz2009
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Along4theRide Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:32 am

mujerfeliz2009 wrote:Individual WL? (not idea of what WL is),

But let me see if I understood, what you said is: To do a kind of journal of each one of us inside of the Achievement session of the forum?, meaning that every member will have a "topic" with his name in it, to express her thoughts/feelings/concerns and celebrations about her personal process?.

I´ve been thinking in creating an Off-Topic theme, for inspirational stuff: reflections, stories, articles.. whatever that help us to be better people.. what do you guys think?

Sorry, WL = Weight Loss. The "journal" wouldn't necessarily have to be ONLY for weight loss, though it seems that's a significant goal for many of us. But, yes, it would be a separate thread for each person to track her progress, possibly to keep track of what she ate/how much she exercised that day/etc. Sort of an "accountability" journal, if you want to think of it that way. I was just thinking that individual threads would be easier to keep track of someone's progress, rather than having to search through one long thread to find someone's goals or how they've been doing. Does that make any more sense?

Oh, and I think your idea for Off-Topic inspirational stuff is a good one. Go for it! Smile
Along4theRide
Along4theRide
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mzzcocoa Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:27 am

I think the individual threads would be a good idea.

I hate keeping a food journal with a fiery passion, but I also know that it keeps me on the straight & narrow... especially if it's out there for all the world to see!

I also know I'll need all the inspiration I can get, Walki, so that OT thread would be good too.

Stephanie
mzzcocoa
mzzcocoa

Back to top Go down

Post by mujerfeliz2009 Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:05 pm

Now I understood your point Jen, is others agree, I say go for it!

I hear you Stephanie... a food journal is a scary thing, because you soon will find out, you eat a "bit" (ahem) more than you thought Suggestion for Goals/Achievements 239941
mujerfeliz2009
mujerfeliz2009
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cinmc Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:19 pm

Food journals are paramount for me to lose weight. If I journal, I lose. If I don't, I gain. Plain and simple. :-) It's amazing really.

I posted my goals on the "group" thread, but if we want to have an individual thread, I'm down with that too.

Off Topic area, definitely needed.
cinmc
cinmc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum